Animal Care Specialist, Part-Time
Assist with the care of animals at our headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. Provide care for small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, arachnids & insects. Includes food preparation, feeding, cleaning, maintenance of the animal enclosures, general facility maintenance and careful record-keeping.
Some travel may be required for animal care in satellite locations.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, major or course-work in zoology, biology, ecology, or related field.
- 1-2 years animal care and handling experience, preferably with exotic animals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend day/s
- Interest in and knowledge of local ecology and wildlife is a plus.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (Fairfield County, CT or Westchester County, NY or near either county).
- This position is not a typical 9-5 office-based job. The working environment is fast-paced and work is labor intensive.
- Average weekly hours: 8-25+
- Must be able to lift, carry and handle heavy objects.
- Must have own transportation for off-site animal care-related tasks
- Relocation not covered; local candidates preferred.
- Animal Embassy is home to a diversity of rescued and adopted exotic animals. Animal Ambassadors enhance the presentation of a wide range of topics including diversity, biodiversity, adaptations, habitats, classifications, conservation and more. Animal Embassy has rescued or adopted more than 500 exotic animals over the years and currently maintains over 100 non-releasable animals, including small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, arachnids and insects
Founded in 2002, Animal Embassy is dedicated to the rescue & adoption of exotic animals, to environmental education and to fostering an individual’s appreciation and respect for the natural world. We specialize in providing hands-on, interactive, and entertaining, educational experiences.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Balbes at Jennifer@animalembassy.com
- Please clearly outline how you fulfill the required qualifications, either in your cover letter or in your resume. Please provide information about your animal care experience.
- No phone calls, please. We regret that we will be unable to acknowledge applications. We will be in contact should you be selected for an interview.